My name is Lee Knowlton. I worked at Ultraworking as CTO for a few years. Before that, I was an associate professor at Kanazawa Technical College. Right now, I’m exploring how AI can bring out the best parts of our human nature while avoiding deleterious side effects like existential ruin.
My email is email@example.com. I’m happy to get email from you, especially if we share interests or I can help you. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter (or Strava if you’re an athlete). If you’re into encrypted comms, email me and ask me for my number on Signal.
- Teaching: My high school running coach, Chuck Sanchez
- Work: Ultraworking
- Philosophy: Japanese Zen & Martial Arts (e.g., Takuan Soho, Musashi Miyamoto)
- Programming: SICP
- AI: The Society of Mind
- Myers-Briggs: INTJ. Strong IN. Weak TJ.
- PrinciplesYou Archetype: Quiet Leader (link to breakdown)
- Kolbe-A: 8-5-3-3 (from 2018)
- Big 5
- Open-Mindedness: 83rd
- Conscientiousness 98th
- Extraversion: 48th
- Agreeableness: 60th
- Negative Emotionality: 25th (i.e., more positive than most)
Updated October 13th, 2023